There’s a meme going around where you write down seven facts about you that your blog readers wouldn’t necessarily know. And since I’m totally up shit creek for thinking of stuff to write about, I’m going to take the easy way out and partake…..
1) I’m deathly afraid of flying. Which gets a bit tricky when you live 3,000 km’s away from your family. I’m TERrified of flying. I never used to be, I used to love it. However, every time I fly it gets worse and worse, which isn’t normally the way it goes, but whatever. Ironically, I went on a hot air balloon ride a few years back and had an absolutely amazing time.
2) I was in ballet for 13 years. And I was good dammit! As a spinoff from this one, I cannot stand poor posture. Push your shoulders back! Sit up straight! Suck in your stomach! Most of my memories from dance include my teacher screaming, ‘Girls!’ over loud music.
3) I used to play the trumpet. I was good at that too. I used to take it and hide in my house when we had babysitters, then blast it in their face when they’d come looking for me. It was fantastically amusing.
4) I’m a perfectionist and there’s nothing more in life that I hate than looking stupid. Therefore, if I try something and suck at it, that’s it. I will not try again. Because I truly believe that I should be perfect at it from the first time I try, and I won’t continue with something if I think it’ll make me look dumb. The only exception to this has been knitting. I sucked at it at first, and that seriously pissed me off. But I really wanted to know how and I’m now knitting my little heart away.
5) I have a tattoo on my back that says, ‘When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you’ It’s to represent the time of my life three years ago where I was so sick I nearly killed myself. Problem was, I was so sick I couldn’t get off the couch long enough to get some sort of deadly implement or ingestible substance. The only explanation I have for getting through that time is the help of a being much larger and stronger than me. I love the tattoo more than I had imagined I would. It means more to me than I can explain to anyone.
6) I was a hand model in grade 10 or 11…….I dont remember. Apparently, I have nice hands. Who knew?
7) I have never been on a date. Ever. And no, I’m not a troll (one day, I’ll put a pic of myself up here, I swear). I’ve been with the boyfriend for seven years, but we never went on a single ‘date’. I find the whole phenomenon very odd and I’m glad I don’t have to do it. People ALWAYS ask when we’re getting married. We aren’t planning on it. Yes, even after 7 years. I just don’t believe in it.