Alright faithful followers….I have provided you with hours of head scratching, though provoking, thrilling and hilarious reading with which to kill the time at your respective workplaces (I know you look at work, since my stats drop significantly on the weekends, don’t lie to me). Now, it’s time that you give something to ME.
I need your opinions. I’m currently in a bit of a festive dilemma here, and need to make a decision by Dec 1. So get reading and advising! Dispense your wisdom upon me please! The dilemma is as follows; I’ll do it in point form, for ease of reading and such.
- I am currently booked to go home for Christmas for nearly 2 weeks. It is expensive to go home and going for less time than this is completely uneconomical.
- I didn’t go home for Christmas last year, for the first time ever. I’m the oldest grandchild on both sides, and this was an unprecedented and somewhat frowned upon move.
- My mom is kind of a psycho hose beast. She is largely the reason I hesitate to go home this year and the reason I didn’t go last, though I blamed money.
- I don’t see my family very often at all. I live very far away. I haven’t been home in over a year, and haven’t seen my extended family in over two years. This really breaks my heart, since I LOVE my extended family. It’s the immediate one that I gots the probs with.
- I want to go home. I love Christmas time at home. Until Christmas DAY that is. Christmas day is always a fucking nuclear meltdown disaster, complete with screaming, yelling, slamming of doors, driving away to mysterious destinations, mutterings under ones breath, etc etc. I want to see my grandma, my aunt, my other grandparents, my cousins (the ones whose names I remember) and the prairies. I CRAVE the prairies.
- If I DO go home, I have to stay with psycho hose beast mom. My family is the only one that lives in a city different than the rest of the extended family, so there’s no way to stay at Grandma’s and pretend like I’m not totally cutting mom out of my life. By staying with psycho hose beast of a mother, I will shorten my life significantly through stress. I will spend two weeks fuming in anger, screaming at the top of my lungs, listening to her cry about what a bitch I am to her, blah blah blah blahhhhhhhh. It will generally suck big ass. And I will only get to spend one day with the extended family ANYHOW. With my crazy, super angry mother in tow, ruining the fun for everybody. How festive!
Alright. So. Do I go? And subject myself to a totally shit two weeks, where I will further solidify my disdain for the woman who birthed me? But get the opportunity to see the extended family for a few mere hours and get to solidify my total love for them?
Or do I not go? And save myself the horror that is my Christmas and my mother, but disappoint my entire family. They ALL know that my reason for not coming last year was aforementioned psycho hose beast and not money. They won’t hold me accountable for skipping out again.
I kind of want to start my own holiday traditions and decorate my own place. So if I stay here, I’d be loving that. Plus, I can always fly home in like, February when the airlines don’t rape you with jacked up prices and spend more time with the extended family.
WHAT DO I DO? Seriously, all suggestions are fair game. Please. I’m freaking out here.