like love adore worship really like wine. Red wine to be specific. Cabernet Sauvignon to really get down to it. I even have my favourite country of origin when it comes to that. But let’s not get too personal here. This is a new obsession of mine (relatively speaking) that is probably only a year old or so. I barely ever drank in university and only really started to enjoy it last year, after recovering from a hellish stint through a serious illness.
But now folks, oh now, I am making up for lost time. You know, if lost time goes back to when I was 8 years old. Okay, no. I am not a drunk. I just find my banter amusing is all. I also find wine amusing. And now, a list of confessions of a wino:
– I will probably sell you out for a bottle of wine.
– I would definitely sell you out for a bottle of Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. Keep your secrets safe folks, I’m easily bought off.
– I know that red wine stains my lips. I think of it as a badge of honour and catching sight of them in the mirror is like a little portal back in time to the good times I participated in while incurring said red lips.
– I drink because you ask me dumb questions.
– I drink because you refuse to pay your invoices on time and then freak when you have to pay late penalties.
– Yes, it does matter what kind of glass the wine goes in! You uncivilized sloth!
– However, I will drink from the bottle if the situation comes to it. I’m not above that. They don’t call me Classy Talea for nothing.
– Nothing replicates that sweet, syrupy calm that hits my brain a few sips in to a good glass.
– Wine makes everything better. Bad days, annoying people, problems, food, sleep, sexual liasons, crappy TV, conversation, general sense of well being. All made better with the vino.
– If you don’t like wine, I think less of you. I just do. Shut up, it’s my blog.
– I truly believe that I should be able to have a glass of wine at work when I’m having a rough day. Trust me, I am MUCH nicer when I’ve been sipping the vino.
– Winos are way classier than all other kinds of boozers. Again….Classy Talea, right?
– If you’re small talking with me during the day about your kids, pets or latest business accomplishment, and I appear to be listening and enjoying? Yeah, I’m not. I’m just kind of thanking you for giving me fodder and justification for opening a bottle later that night.
– I’m a great singer when I drink wine. No really. Ahem.
– I never leave home without at least three corkscrews on my person. Ha, I’m totally shitting you. I’m not a drunk! Stop accusing me!
– I want to be one of those losers who collects the cork from each kind of wine they try, but so far, I can’t figure out how to get the damned cork out without destroying the bottom of it.
– I love the colours of red wines.
– I have a seriously sweet wine bar. However, I can never seem to fill it up. The bottles keep disappearing. Damn dog.
– “Drinking good wine with good food in good company is one of life’s most civilized pleasures.”— Michael Broadbent. I agree Michael. I love sitting around a table with the gals and a bottle of wine. Good times are certain to follow.
– From my boy Benjamin Franklin, “Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.” I’m serving God, people!
And last, but not least, since we all know alcohol is full of ’empty calories’ (though red wine (in moderation!) is VERY good for you):
– I’d rather be drunk than skinny!! (This was uttered by me in a booze-fuelled photo shoot. It was pretty hi-larious at the time).
Don’t forget kids, Cab Sauv is the way to go. Cheers!!