So I’ve been absent again. I toy around with the idea of abandoning this blog every once in a while, and I was thinking about it again, cuz lately I haven’t had much to write about.
Then a day or two ago, I realized why.
Because dudes, I have been in a GREAT FUCKING MOOD for like, two months straight. I feel like I’m on E, 24/7. If I knew what that felt like, that is. Everything’s great, everything’s wonderful, life is beautiful, blah blah blah.
I sit at work and just smile like a fool. ME! My previous benchmark of ‘retardedly good mood’ has now become the norm. The standard. I mean, except when I lost my shit on that client a while back and went and got tanked on a work night and then bought half of 7-11. But whatevs. Shit happens, right?
And I use this blog to vent a lot, hence the lack of material recently.
But here’s a few quick snippets:
– I was bestowed with the honour of taking out Crafty Friend’s two wee ones trick or treating last Friday (with her and Em, naturally). It was my first trick or treating experience that didn’t involve waddling through snowbanks in suits 3 sizes too big in order to accomodate my full body parka and ski pants. It was a blast, full of hilarity, candy and great convo’s. It was followed by copious amounts of pizza and even more disgusting amounts of Creamy Garlic dipping sauce. Mmmmmm, dipping sauce.
– So we all remember my nightmare of getting a driver’s license. Well. Turns out it’s a helluva lot easier to get a passport than a license. Go figure. Welcome to Canada, here, have a passport! (whoah Talea, keep the politics offline!). But in my passport photo, I resemble a very bloated….somebody. Not me. This was of course after the passport photo guy fiasco. I may have been in mid scowl, maybe that’s why I look so….abnormal.
– Now that I have that passport, I am begrudgingly going to Texas next week. Please. Kill me now. I do not travel well. I don’t sleep in hotels. I don’t like new people. I don’t like big groups (this is training, it’s a big group). I don’t like being out of my element. Plus, who KNOWS what kinds of shenanigans my ghost will get into when I’m gone?
– It was my mom’s bday recently. I didn’t call her. I can’t decide how I feel about that, but it was very much a conscious decision.
– Work has finally, mercifully, miraculously seemed to slow down. For the first time in a year, it seems (knock on wood) that the remnants of our buyout and my previous manager have settled down. It’s been so lovely, I can’t even tell you.
– I’ve been in such a great mood that the daylight savings ‘fall back’ hasn’t even gotten me down. I’m all, ‘oh, the darkness is so nice and lovely. It’s so relaxing and calming’.
I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on with my mood. Like, WTF. Who am I??
I have a theory though. I feel it’s a fairly large coincidence and therefore I’m labelling it, ‘the cause’ to my happy lovely times.
A few months back, I was too lazy to go to the doctor’s office to renew my prescription for the pill. Yes. That pill. I hate doctors, I didn’t want to go. So….I didn’t. And I still haven’t. Pretty much right after that, my mood skyrocketed. I shit you not.
Do I know why that happened? No, I’m not well versed enough in the biochemistry of it and of me and of my other meds and shit. Do I care why it happened? No. What I do know is that I will never ever pop one of those pills ever again.
Crazy hormones, I’m done with you!
Was that TMI? Me hopes not. Oh well. If you’ve not yet been offended by my blog, it’s about damned time anyways.