I spent a lot of money in May and June. I am about to spend a lot of money in August. Turns out, I’m not made of money. I know, I too was shocked.
This July is also one of those fabulous months where I manage to get 3 pay days, instead of the normal 2. I love when that happens.
So I’m officially turning July into my Month of Frugality. No excessive spending. This will mean:
– No new yarn. Even though I am OUT of sock yarn (May, did you hear that?) and I desperately want more. I will not buy it. Sigh. I’m…okay….with that. Yes.
– I will not continue to support Starbucks in their quest for world domination and title of Universal Superpower. In the name of frugality, I shall make every effort to avoid ordering a 5 dollar grande soy non-fat toffee nut latte. I will drink the shitty free coffee at work.
– No takeout. No delivery. I will make my own food and take lunch to work. Thank goodness for Grocery Gateway. No way would I do that if I had to haul groceries back from the store on my own, like a sucker.
– No buying booze.
– No really. I mean it. I can survive without alcohol. I think. I mean….probably. If I have to.
– No using my Visa. I had it all but down to $0 owing and then I went and racked up the damn thing again.
What did I buy??
A wedding dress.
For reals. I did.
In true Talea style, I went to the one store where the manager swore as much as me and told them I wanted to try on one particular dress I’d seen in the window. I didn’t ask them their opinion or look around. No, no.
I put that baby on, decided I looked ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FANTASTIC and that was that. One dress. Done deal. No fuss, no muss.
Apparently I’m getting married. It’s expensive. Please send me money, so I can drink and knit in the meantime. Thanks.